Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 11:41:56 +0200

Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 10:21:09 +0200
From: Andreas Röhler<address@hidden>

I apologize to the other list members for the tone in this mail.

which pretty good illustrates my concern

Tone aside, your repeated attacks on the GPL

Hi Eli,

even if my contributions are modest, it should be clear I'm a supporter of free software. BTW published several stuff under GPL. I'm far from attacking.

OTOH should I hide concern if envisaging danger, which might destroy the whole project still, if not faced?

The point is that some requirings of the GPL are de facto impossible to fulfil. Well, that impossibility only exists to a certain extend, but it grows with the project.

From there seeing larger projects in constant danger being sued.

That's well known for long for people who cared for. Just we reached the point it might be brought to consideration to people pretty close to the GPL-authors. Sometimes we need real examples to understand...

Anyway, as said earlier, for me an accessible and working Emacs is the final proof of concept.

Thanks so far

Andreas

 are really off-topic
here.  There are specialized forums for that kind of discussions.