Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:08:49 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 13:48:39 -0400
>
> > Personally, I think that the files in charsets/mapfiles do not need to
> > be distributed at all, but that's me.
>
> If UnicodeData.txt is distributed (as OP requested), then those files
> ought to be, too.

I don't think UnicodeData.txt needs to be distributed, and I didn't
understand that Richard requested that.  The file can be downloaded at
any time by anyone who needs it.  I understood that the problem was
with unidata-gen.el, not with the database.

> If we should distribute some of the files in admin/, then I would
> rather distribute that entire directory, instead of picking and
> choosing.

We can move the files we distribute to another directory.