Re: is there a hook run when display geometry changes?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: is there a hook run when display geometry changes?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 23:20:21 +0300

> From: "Edward O'Connor" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:37:03 -0700
> Cc: address@hidden

> >> No, I don't think so. `window-configuration-change-hook' is run when
> >> there's a change to the windows being displayed in an Emacs frame.
> >
> > It is also run when the frame geometry changes, if my reading of the
> > code is correct.
>
> But the frame geometry hasn't changed either. Actually, the situation
> is quite the opposite: I want to cause the frame geometry to change
> when the display geometry changes.

Why don't you try it?  If it works (and I don't know if it does), you
will have your feature today rather than in a year (since Emacs 24 is
in feature freeze already).

It's true that this hook will be called in circumstances where you
don't need to do anything, but I'm assuming that you can detect
whether the display geometry changes and DTRT.