Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default

From: Andrey Paramonov
Subject: Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:27:59 +0400

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 14:02:49 +0400
From: Andrey Paramonov<address@hidden>

  >  If a comment or a string in a source file use R2L scripts, how
  >  would you like Emacs to display them?

Frankly, I doubt that there is a single source file with R2L comments in
the world, let alone R2L identifiers.

I wasn't talking about identifiers.

I don't know how many comments in R2L languages are out there, but I
hope you will agree that strings with R2L text are a definite
possibility, and should be supported.

Sorry, I misread "strings" for "identifiers". Strings are important indeed.

Unlike "special" and plain-text buffers, the bidirectionalization of
programming modes just seems to have very little to no value right now.

Which is why the relevant support for them was not the 1st priority.
But that doesn't mean we need to dismiss it as something to be
supported in the future.

Sure.

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov