Re: is there a hook run when display geometry changes?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: is there a hook run when display geometry changes?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:34:33 -0400

>> I tried it; it doesn't work. `window-configuration-change-hook'
>> doesn't get called in this case (though it does get called in many
>> other cases).
> How about `window-size-change-functions'?

I don't think any hook gets run, currently, because as far as Emacs is
concerned, nothing has changed.  It just so happens that the display it
is using has changed size, but Emacs frames and windows aren't directly
linked to the display size: the display size is only queried in a few
relatively rare occasions.

        Stefan