Re: completion-list-mode-map

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: completion-list-mode-map
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:13:55 +0200

> No, I was referring to this:
>
>>> emacs -Q
>>> C-h k k    => help window pops up
>>> C-x o
>>> q          => help window deleted
>> OK, that's a bug/misfeature of quit-window which we should fix.
>> I.e. not an impediment to using quit-window.

Yes.  But IIUC this should have beed seen in the context of making "q"
quit the window in `special-mode-map'.  And I said that `quit-window'
has its own live outside of `special-mode-map', something we probably
shouldn't touch.

That said I have no problems doing either of

(1) binding "q" in special-mode-map to `quit-restore-window', or

(2) renaming `quit-restore-window' to `quit-window', reverting its
    arguments order.

Personally I'd prefer (1) since it's cleaner, doesn't require any
changes to existing code, and doesn't affect people having bound
`quit-window' to some key in their .emacs.

martin