Re: bidi properties from uniprop tables

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bidi properties from uniprop tables
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:00:15 +0300

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 21:42:20 +0900
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > Since Bidi_Class is only used in this algorithm (and explicit property
> > > lookups) AFAIK
>
> > That's not true, it is also used in regexp search by category.  So we
> > should decide whether to assign these types in the uniprop table, or
> > have a fallback for them in bidi.c.  Any opinions?  Handa-san?
>
> As I'm on vacation now, I can't access the source of Emacs,
> but I remember that there's a place in an element of
> unidata-SOMETHING-alist (I don't remember what SOMETHING is)
> to specify the default property value.  So, it should be
> easy to fix the default value if it is a simple one.

I guess you mean unidata-prop-alist.  If so, it already states that
the default is L:

      (bidi-class
       4 unidata-gen-table-symbol "uni-bidi.el"
       "Unicode bidi class.
  Property value is one of the following symbols:
    L, LRE, LRO, R, AL, RLE, RLO, PDF, EN, ES, ET,
    AN, CS, NSM, BN, B, S, WS, ON"
       unidata-describe-bidi-class
       L  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
       ;; The order of elements must be in sync with bidi_type_t in
       ;; src/dispextern.h.
       (L R EN AN BN B AL LRE LRO RLE RLO PDF ES ET CS NSM S WS ON))

I think the problem is deeper.  The characters in question do not
appear at all in UnicodeData.txt.  I think unidata-gen.el only handles
character codes it finds in UnicodeData.txt, but does nothing for
those it didn't find.

> I'll fix the code to handle it when I'm back to work on next
> Monday.

Thanks you.