Re: Fixing C-x DEL bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Fixing C-x DEL bug
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:56:53 -0400

    So that what follows is recognised as the beginning of the next sentence.
    In particular, in my personal text mode, I use "bullet points" something
    like this:

        o - One point
          o - Indented point
          o - This sentence starts with "This".

    I want M-a on the third line to go back to "This", not to the bullet.  If
    "This" is to be recognised as BO sentence, then the "    o - ", anchored
    at BOL, needs to be an EO sentence.

In that case, where does backward-paragraph leave point?
And where does start-of-paragraph-text leave point?

And where does my patch leave point after
  (start-of-paragraph-text)
  (beginning-of-line)
?

If you have set up each of those bullet points as a paragraph,
then my patch should put point at the beginning of the line,
and so should yours.

But if you have not set up each bullet point as a paragraph,
then none of these things should matter in that case (the third line).

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation