Re: completion-list-mode-map

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: completion-list-mode-map
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 16:26:54 -0400

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

>> Can you provide an example of a situation in which caller of quit-window
>> would not want the quit-restore-window behavior?
>
> With emacs -Q do C-x 2.  Doing
>
>   M-x quit-window
>
> now shows *Messages* in the window while
>
>   M-x quit-restore-window
>
> deletes the window.

This is going round in circles.  We know that quit-window and
quit-restore-window have different behaviors.  The statement we are
considering is whether all the users of quit-window would prefer the
behavior of quit-restore-window, in which case we should replace
quit-window with quit-restore-window.

If no one provides a good example, I'll go ahead and make the change.