Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:58:39 +0200

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 03:13:23 +0200
Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> OTOH, making choose-completion know better than relying on mouse-face
>> would also have the side-effect of providing more favourable conditions
>> for fixing bug#8897. ;-)
>
> OTOH bug#8897 is for a use that's pretty far from the normal use case of
> the completion code, so I wouldn't make such a significant change just to
> accomodate this use case.

I think I've gathered as much from the fact that the bug is still
unfixed. Which is precisely why I used this precious opportunity to
point out that there might be more reasons. So now there's also the fact
that using the face for this seems like a kludge to Eli (and possibly
others? certainly me included) and gets in the way of other unrelated
code (or at least makes certain "obvious" solutions "non-obvious").

--
Štěpán