Re: Is it possible to have 256 colors in Emacs on framebuffer-enabled tt

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is it possible to have 256 colors in Emacs on framebuffer-enabled tty
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 05:42:22 -0400

> From: zwz <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:06:03 +0800
>
> When I set TERM=fbterm. "tput color" also reports 256; while in Emacs
> list-color-display just shows 8 colors. The issue remains.

Then please see the "Colors are not available on a tty or in xterm"
entry in etc/PROBLEMS, it tells how Emacs detects the number of colors
supported by the terminal.

> > Also, which of the lisp/term/*.el files is being loaded by Emacs on
> > startup for that terminal?
> How can I tell which lisp/term/*.el is loaded?

What does the following display?

  M-: (tty-type) RET

Assuming this displays "SOMETHING", Emacs tries to load the file
lisp/term/SOMETHING.el, if such a file is available.