Re: A few Windows build fixes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: A few Windows build fixes
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:55:52 -0400

> Hmm... this actually gives me an idea.  How about providing a
> completely separate set of Makefile.cygwin-in files, whose sole target
> will be the native build with Cygwin tools?  Then the only changes
> that need to be aware of the other Windows builds will be in
> nt/configure.bat.

Here's another idea:
- make the normal configure.in work to build the native build using
  cygwin tools.
- remove the sh.exe support in the makefile.w32-in (as you said, good
  sh.exe is rare under Windows and if the user could use the standard
  autoconf stuff with cygwin if she wants to use a real POSIX sh).

        Stefan