Re: display-buffer-alist simplifications

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: display-buffer-alist simplifications
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:56:53 -0400

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

> I hopefully restored the old code now together with the functionality
> needed for quit-window and a rudimentary `pop-to-buffer-same-window'
> function.  So feel free to go on reducing the current bottleneck.

Thank you!  This looks good.

One question: is there any reason you gave the revised `pop-to-buffer-*'
functions arglists of (&optional buffer-or-name norecord)?  These
functions didn't exist in Emacs 23, so it seems that they should be
written to be pluggable into (the revised) display-buffer-alist.  So the
second argument should instead be an action list instead of NORECORD,
right?