Re: Abort when creating frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Abort when creating frame
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 05:52:51 +0300

> Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:26:34 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
>  > Under the debugger, does it abort before completely displaying the
>  > initial frame?  Or is that frame already displayed when it aborts?
>
> No initial frame shown.

OK, at least this is as expected.

>  > Also, what version of the debugger do you have?
>
> GNU gdb 6.8.

Perhaps upgrade to a later version (7.3 is already available from
MinGW site).

> I get the same behavior with a build from about two weeks ago and a
> correspondingly different file.

Again, only under GDB?

Does it help to load uni-mirrored.el explicitly, as in "run -l
../lisp/international/uni-mirrored.el" from GDB prompt to run Emacs
(assuming you run GDB from the src directory)?

Anyway, it looks like Emacs is unable to load uni-mirrored.el, I get
the same crash if I rename the file.  So perhaps put a breakpoint in
Fload and see what's going on there when it tries to load
uni-mirrored.el.