Re: display-buffer-overriding-action

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display-buffer-overriding-action
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 02:04:37 +0200

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 22:40, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> If we can assume that Lisp callers don't abuse the ACTION
> argument for frivolous reasons, it is smarter to honor their specific
> requests.

It's not about frivolity. It's about the Lisp programmer setting what
s/he considers a good default, and the user disagreeing with that
opinion and being able to override it without needing to resort to
advice or rewriting the function. Experience shows that, with regards
to frame/window/buffer customizations, no two Emacs users are alike.

    Juanma