Re: Comint: handle raw tab

From: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina
Subject: Re: Comint: handle raw tab
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:23:51 -0300

2011/9/13 Štěpán Němec <address@hidden>

IMO native tab completion for subprocess REPLs is a common enough need
that the basic machinery should be handled by Emacs itself, i.e.
probably the comint library. I'm somewhat surprised there is no such
code yet (or is there, outside Emacs perhaps?).

I agree with the exposed above, many modern REPLs comint can interact with have TAB completion out of the box. We should use that when it's available instead of duplicating efforts.

Regards,
Fabián E. Gallina