Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:05:13 -0400

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi <at> gnus.org> writes:

    > Would it be an idea to issue some kind of "EMACS NEEDS YOU to fix OS
    > X-related bugs" statement on reddit or something to try to attract more
    > OS X-using developers?

This must not be said in the name of the GNU Project.
We ask people to make GNU/Linux support their priority.
More generally, we ask them to give free systems priority.
We accept changes to support nonfree systems, but we
don't put our effort into them.

To give priority in this way to nonfree MacOS would represent
a disastrous surrender.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation