Re: "Connection broken" message appearing in odd places in buffers

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: "Connection broken" message appearing in odd places in buffers
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 00:46:54 +0200

> So the process-mark stays at character 363, and that's where it outputs
> the message.  So the question is, I guess -- why doesn't the marker
> increase?

It's as if this code doesn't get run, for some reason, in
read_process_output.

      /* Make sure the process marker's position is valid when the
         process buffer is changed in the signal_after_change above.
         W3 is known to do that.  */
      if (BUFFERP (p->buffer)
          && (b = XBUFFER (p->buffer), b != current_buffer))
        set_marker_both (p->mark, p->buffer, BUF_PT (b), BUF_PT_BYTE (b));
      else
        set_marker_both (p->mark, p->buffer, PT, PT_BYTE);

And from reading the code, that just seems impossible.