Re: redisplay-dont-pause

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: redisplay-dont-pause
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 06:03:11 +0300

> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:10:17 -0600
> From: Christoph Scholtes <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> All the redraw/slowness issues I had scrolling through big files
> disappeared after setting this to t. What's the downside of doing this?

None that I know of.  Theoretically, Emacs is slightly less responsive
to user input, because it doesn't stop redisplay when input is
available, but instead first finished the redisplay cycle completely.
But that's theory; in practice, the user experience is that Emacs is
perhaps even _more_ responsive, especially if the user command
involves significant redisplay, like scrolling.