Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 00:11:51 -0400

    > GNU Emacs is part of the GNU system, and our motto is.
    > "It runs best on GNU."

    Why have the ports been merged then?

Why not?  Our motto isn't "It runs only on GNU."

                                         Following this reasoning, people who
    wanted to run it on other operating systems would have to maintain their own
    patches, therefore not wasting FSF resources.

You may be mistaken about what our line of reasoning is.  It does not
lead to that conclusion.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation