Re: Pretest

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 22:13:15 +0100

On Tue 20 Sep 2011, Chong Yidong wrote:

> "Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> After Martin relentlessly and carefully worked out the bugs from his
>> humongous, many-faceted, and detailed buffer-display changes, you
>> suddenly changed it all again (recently).  And during a feature
>> freeze, no less.  Even Martin (our resident window/buffer-display
>> expert) has admitted that he does not yet understand the new code.
>>
>> Does that count as "something coming up"?
>
> No.

I think you dismiss Drew's concerns too lightly.

Where is the user level documentation comprehensible by mere mortals to
explain the new display code and its customisation ?

 It seems to me that most ordinary users of emacs have little chance of
understanding what the new features are, never mind how to configure
emacs to their liking.

Please assuage my doubts by pointing out the relevant sections in the
manual.

    AndyM