Re: bzr: conflicting tags: mh-e-doc-8.3

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: bzr: conflicting tags: mh-e-doc-8.3
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:37:08 -0400

Ken Brown wrote:

> Conflicting tags:
>     mh-e-8.3
>
> after a bzr pull.  Can you tell me how to fix that one?

Me too. These mh-e tags seem to be a movable feast.
Now they are attached to r105864:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2011-09/msg00250.html

FWIW, I do not see this issue with a bound, authenticated branch, but I
do see it with an unbound, anonymous branch. It's an annoyance because
you get the conflict message after every subsequent pull, and pull exits
with non-zero status.

Anyway, to fix it I just followed the advice at

http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/user-reference/conflict-types-help.html

If you have no local changes, use

bzr pull --overwrite

once. If you have local changes, you can do:

bzr tags --show-ids -d bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk | grep mh-e-8.3

Take the revid that returns and use:

bzr tag --force -r 'revid:address@hidden' \
  mh-e-8.3

This makes bzr pull happy, but leaves me with these tags:

mh-e-8.3             105864
mh-e-doc-8.3         105851

when http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2011-09/msg00250.html
implies they should both be associated with r105864. (The overwrite
method has the same issue.)