Re: quit-window new behavior with frames

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: quit-window new behavior with frames
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:25:57 +0200

> The dedicated bit is reset to nil before the window can show any other
> buffer, so if dedicated is non-nil, you don't have to check
> anything else.

Not really, because the dedicated bit can be set by someone else.  Here
I only want to handle the case where the dedicated bit was set and
modified exclusively by `display-buffer' related routines.  So we have
two cases:

(1) If the dedicated bit is set by `display-buffer' routines only, it is
set at the time of creation and no other buffer is ever shown in it (at
least according to the specifications you gave earlier).  In this case,
there's no previous buffer and `quit-window' can delete the window or
frame.

(2) If the dedicated bit is set in some other way, there might be a
previous buffer and I switch to that buffer instead of deleting the
window or frame.

martin