Re: Updating deps/*.d files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Updating deps/*.d files
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:31:04 -0400

    dependencies: $(ALLOBJS)

    and then one could type "make dependencies".

ALLOBJS seems to be a list of .o file names.  How would that do the job?
Is it that compilation also generates the deps/*.d files as a side output?

The problem was, make was failing because deps/bidi.d contained two
old .h files that don't exist any more.  I could not see any way to
update bidi.d automatically, so I edited it by hand to make things
proceed.  That doesn't seem clean.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation