Re: even-window-heights

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: even-window-heights
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:54:25 -0400

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

>> And the manual says something similar.  But in fact the windows are
>> evened only if the new window is shorter than the selected window.
>
> Indeed.  Do you think it needs an explanation?

The problem is that variable name contradicts the behavior, so I'm not
sure a docstring change is enough.

I think this should be like `resize-mini-windows': make a new value
`grow-only' (the default) which means the current behavior, and any
other non-nil value would be the behavior you originally implemented,
i.e. both growing and shrinking allowed.