Re: even-window-heights

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: even-window-heights
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 14:23:12 +0300

> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:22:20 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I'd rather make this variable obsolete instead.  It's a relict from a
> time when a frame used to contain at most two windows ...

If it goes obsolete, what are the replacements available for
requesting the same behavior?

My use case is a frame with 2 windows, one below the other.  The upper
one is larger and shows the source file I'm editing, while the lower
one is used to compose ChangeLog entries, run compilation and Grep,
show *Help*, etc.  I want this lower window to keep its height when I
switch to another buffer there, or when Emacs pops a different buffer
there.

TIA