Re: Persian RTL problem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Persian RTL problem
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 18:21:52 +0300

> From: mehran khajavi <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 18:36:06 +0330
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> $ grep "TOOLKIT_LIBW" src/Makefile
> TOOLKIT_LIBW=-pthread -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0
> -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lcairo -lpng14
> -lpango-1.0 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0
> -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0

I think you are missing some or all of the following, mentioned in the
file INSTALL:

  * Complex Text Layout support libraries

  Emacs needs the optional libraries "m17n-db", "libm17n-flt", "libotf"
  to correctly display such complex scripts as Indic and Khmer.
  On some systems, particularly GNU/Linux, these libraries may be
  already present or available as additional packages.  Note that if
  there is a separate `dev' or `devel' package, for use at compilation
  time rather than run time, you will need that as well as the
  corresponding run time package; typically the dev package will contain
  header files and a library archive.  Otherwise, you can download and
  build libraries from sources.

  The sources of these libraries are available by anonymous CVS from
  cvs.m17n.org.

      % cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/m17n login
      % cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/m17n co m17n-db
      % cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/m17n co m17n-lib
      % cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/m17n co libotf

  For m17n-lib, if you have problems with making the whole package
  because you lack some other packages on which m17n-lib depends, try to
  configure it with the option "--without-gui".

Handa-san, can you please tell which ones of these, if any, are needed
for Arabic shaping support?  I think at least libotf is needed, but
I'm not sure.