Re: Persian RTL problem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Persian RTL problem
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:06:35 +0300

> From: mehran khajavi <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:07:56 +0330
> Cc: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> wow great
> it solved
> but only  with gtk+ screen, not from emacs -nw option!
> any solution to get it work in terminal?!

To have Arabic shaping in "emacs -nw", you need a terminal that
supports Arabic shaping.  Emacs cannot shape by itself when it works
on a TTY, because TTYs support only single-character writes.

I have no idea which terminals support shaping, sorry.  If you find
out, please post the information here, so we could include it in the
relevant documentation.