draft for DEL key poll

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: draft for DEL key poll
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:12:34 -0400

I'm planning the poll about DEL.  Here is a draft for comments.  (I
will also write a poll about completion.)

In Emacs 24, now in pretest, a change is being considered for DEL
(often the Backspace key) and the Delete function key.  When there is
an active region, they would delete the region instead of just one
character.  This is enabled by default in the current pretest, so
building and using the pretest is a way to test it.

Are you in favor of this change?  How strongly do you feel
about the matter?

We don't want to just "count votes" -- we want to understand
how this affects users.  So if you care about the issue,
please tell us how the change affects your editing.

What are the cases where you find it helpful?

What are the cases where you find it inconvenient?

How would you describe your level of Emacs experience?

Please send your responses to address@hidden

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation