Re: OAuth2 implementation in Elisp

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Re: OAuth2 implementation in Elisp
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 13:42:47 +0200

On Tue, Sep 27 2011, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> I've confirmed this is completely broken with w3m, at least.  I can't
> even use the "OK" button in the displayed screen because oauth2.el is
> waiting for me in the minibuffer, and of course w3m can't process the
> form because it doesn't store cookies by default (I didn't go further in
> the testing).  So please check that `browse-url' is not set to one of
> the internal Emacs choices.

This does not look like it should be oauth2.el work to add workaround on
this.

Since it's likely that the Web page is a real web Page, what about
providing an Emacs function like `browse-url-with-a-capable-browser'
which would act like `browse-url' but will be defaulting to a capable
browser and will indicate to the user that it should not set this to
something that is not?

--
Julien Danjou