Djvu mode

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Djvu mode
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:18:37 -0400

Greetings!  I've developed a .djvu editing mode for my personal use,
and wonder if there is wider interest in pushing it out as a package,
Debian or otherwise.

Some features:

* toggling between page image views and synthesized full text layer
  for rapid navigation, automatically executed during isearch
* extract text and image under highligted region or point
* highlight by word box boundaries on image
* highlight word occurrences on image
* edit text "pushpin" margin notes
* save and edit annotations
* orgmode/bibtex capture support
* edit text tree as lisp sexp in a buffer, useful to correct the
  occasional ocr error.

Anyway, its all pretty rough just for my own purposes, but if others
have interest it could be polished.  I felt compelled to spend a few
days putting this together as I could not locate a good robust tool
for annotating and indexing large volumes of scientific papers in free
software.

Take care,