input method for unicode math characters

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: input method for unicode math characters
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 04:32:18 -0500

Recently I discovered for myself that sometimes it can be convenient
to use directly the many unicode math characters in text documents
(i.e., non-LaTeX documents, which is otherwise my first choice).
Yet up to now this is a bit clumsy in emacs because (to the best of
my knowledge) there is no particular support for these characters,
say via some handy input method. Is this something anybody has
already thought about? Or am I missing something here?

Roland