Re: input method for unicode math characters

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: input method for unicode math characters
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:35:17 -0500

On Fri Sep 30 2011 Antoine Levitt wrote:
> There's C-x 8 RET. For instance C-x 8 RET double integral produces
> â ¬.

Thanks, well, the problem with this is that one needs to know these
names

> Or do you mean some other mode like latex-math-abbrev ?

...and here it's kind of similar with zillions of commands

On Fri Sep 30 2011 Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Did you try "C-u C-\ TeX RET"?

...while here somehow I get completely irritated by the minibuffer
that pops up (or is it the message area? oh well!)
Probably this can be customized. But then how to keep track of the
available possibilities?

-- In any case: Thanks! I just started myself thinking about the
question what I might find useful here. I'd like to have something
that interrupts my flow of typing as little as possible, while at
the same time it's not easy to keep track of the plethora of symbols
that are available so that some kind of guidance comes handy. An
"acceptable" solution for these contradicting requirements is
certainly a matter of taste.

To begin with, I now have some approaches to play with.

Roland