Re: input method for unicode math characters

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: input method for unicode math characters
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 10:07:43 +0300

> Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:35:17 -0500
> From: "Roland Winkler" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On Fri Sep 30 2011 Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Did you try "C-u C-\ TeX RET"?
>
> ...while here somehow I get completely irritated by the minibuffer
> that pops up (or is it the message area? oh well!)

You asked for an input method.  _All_ Emacs input methods show
possible combinations in the echo area.  For that matter, any
non-Emacs input method with complex combinations will pop up a small
window with these possibilities.

IOW, if you want an input method, you should be prepared to deal with
these pop-ups.

OTOH, if you use TeX a lot, you should be able to type the likes of
\gamma without ever looking at the echo area.