Re: Git mirrors

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 16:58:14 -0500

> These are the (only) reasons that I use bzr, and I'm probably not alone in
> this case.  While people are used to git, and can be forgiven for falling in
> love with git after living with cvs or subversion, it's really not that hard
> to use bzr.

Not really that hard?  Let's put it this way: If Bazaar were the _only_ way I
could follow Emacs development and contribute back code, I'd simply stop doing
so and pay attention only to releases from now on.  Bazaar is nasty to use,
especially when I have hundreds of Git repositories on my machine and exactly
one Bazaar repository.  I don't like it, and there's not a good Emacs
interface for it (I tried DVC and did not like the experience at all); while
Git has some very beautiful GUIs, Magit, and lots and lots of community-built
tools written around Git that make my day-day operations much easier.

John