Re: Gdb in emacs 24

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Gdb in emacs 24
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 15:08:38 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > Are you sure we are talking about the same exchange?

Yes.  If this were a conversation among Emacs developers all working
on the issue directly, your responses would make sense.  In the
context of user vs. Emacs developer (the current context), they don't.
(Eg, David was clearly confused by them.)  The user is expressing
requirements, you're talking (in some sense) about the implementation.

 > You so completely misunderstood what I wrote that I don't even know
 > where to begin.

Precisely.  Here, I'm not trying to express understanding of what you
wrote (which by the way, *I* had no trouble whatsoever doing).  I'm
giving an account of what I think the user would understand from it,
based not only on my own assessment but on David's responses.

 > Perhaps re-read what I wrote.  Or don't.  Time to end this silly
 > thread.

*sigh*  I should know better than to try.