Re: Git mirrors

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 11:26:37 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>
>> I think it would benefit the GNU Emacs project, the Emacs developers and
>> maintainers, and the Emacs community as a whole if there was an official
>> read-only Git mirror of the Emacs repository that was updated with every
>> Bazaar push.
>
> I just want to make the point that since Bazaar is a GNU project, IMO
> this would not benefit the GNU project as a whole. (I'm not saying don't
> do it, just making a point.)

No but it would benefit lots of others who use Emacs. bzr is
unpredictable, slow and frequently doesnt work at all. Git mirrors
generally do as well as being far faster and easier for a lot of people
who use git in their daily lives because it works so well. Emacs also has
a great git interface in Magit-