Re: Git mirrors

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 11:52:48 +0200

> From: Richard Riley <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 11:26:37 +0200
>
> bzr is unpredictable, slow and frequently doesnt work at all.

I use bzr daily, on several different machines and systems, and my
experience is nowhere near that of yours.  I wonder whether this is
based on recent experience or on something that is old enough to
require revisiting, perhaps with newer versions of the bzr client.

I also wonder whether we can offer you (and others) some sort of
simple cookbook that would make your life with bzr easier, to the
degree that you will decide to contribute to Emacs regardless.  I'm
forced to use git in several projects to which I contribute, and as
much as I dislike it, I've learned a few simple skills that let me
continue my contribution.  I don't think a casual contributor needs to
know more than a small number of bzr commands.  Maybe we can help you
with that.