Re: What about putting CC Mode 5.32 into Emacs?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: What about putting CC Mode 5.32 into Emacs?
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 14:15:13 +0000

Hi, Christoph,

On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 07:37:17AM -0600, Christoph Scholtes wrote:
> On 10/8/2011 7:14 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > So, is there any chance of getting 5.32 into Emacs 24 soon?  The
> > changes, over and above what is already in Emacs, are few (2 to be
> > precise) and small.  One of them is important (making C-M-a/e DTRT in
> > languages like C++ which have nested defuns).

> I'd vote for inclusion right now, especially since the changes are small.

> One other thing to consider: is it possible to make CC Mode available
> via ELPA to make it possible to upgrade to newer versions easily even
> after the solidest of all feature freezes?

It would be possible, but would mean yet more work.  I've already got
three places to be updated (the project at SourceForge, Emacs, and
XEmacs).  There are download instructions, both for released versions
and the CVS head at <http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/release.php>.

Would it perhaps be possible to put some sort of forwarding message into
ELPA?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).