Re: Git mirrors

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 05:45:15 +0200

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 05:07, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> There is no "is" there.
>
> Oh, yes: "[...] is GNU a competing project against other *Free*
> projects? To the point
> of not only promoting a technically inferior package (i.e. bzr)
> [...]". Clearly you were speaking about now, not then.

The "is" refers to GNU and specifically to the GNU policy, not to
"promoting ... bzr".

I concede that I consider bzr an inferior choice, technically-wise
(mostly due to design principles.) That is my opinion and maybe pervaded
into the context or you got it from previous messages, but what is
indisputable is that bzr was not ready for the task at the time the
decission was made and the only (and definitive) "advantage" it had over
the competitors was the GNU label.

[snip]