Re: bzr not working?

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: bzr not working?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:13:33 +1100

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:35:13 +1100
>> From: Tim Cross <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> Has anyone heard anything more regarding a resolution for this issue?
>> I've heard nothing from the savannah admins and stil cannot access the
>> bzr repository.
>
> You didn't subscribe to savannah-hackers-public, and evidently don't
> read the archives, so you are unaware of the continuing discussion on
> this matter.  Please look in the archives, if you are interested.
>
> In a nutshell, after a day and a half of testing on 3 different
> machine, my conclusion is that the problem I succeeded to reproduce is
> a different problem.  It evidently causes any bzr connection that
> takes longer than 1 hour to be forcibly dropped after precisely 1
> hour.  (Due to the long time, I can only reproduce this with an
> initial "bzr branch" command, and only on machines with slow
> connection.)  There's probably some timeout somewhere on savannah, and
> savannah admins will be looking for it.
>
> But that is not your problem, because you reported a much faster
> disconnect.  So I suggest that you run "bzr -Dhpss pull" on the
> machine where this happens, and post the last portion of the .bzr.log
> file as a followup to your original message.  That should give the
> savannah admins information about what happens in the transport that
> causes the problem.
>
> TIA

I have sent another message to the savannah list with the output from
-Dhpss. I also tried accessing another bzr repository on savannah
(color-theme) and got the same error. However, I can access bzr
repositories on other hosts, such as launchpad.net with no problems,
so it does seem to be savannah specific. I can also use the git
mirrors on savannah with no problems, which is what I'm doing now to
update my emacs code.

While I would prefer to use bzr as it is the 'official' repository,
using git is actually more convenient, seems faster and has better
emacs integration. Now that the git mirror is being updated regularly,
I'm happy to use it for the time being, so this issue is less urgent
for me than it was.

Tim

--
Tim Cross