Re: What about putting CC Mode 5.32 into Emacs?

From: Burton Samograd
Subject: Re: What about putting CC Mode 5.32 into Emacs?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:34:09 -0600

"Michael Welsh Duggan" <address@hidden> writes:

>> I don't want to complain without offering a solution, but in the 15+
>> years I've been using emacs I have *never* had a problem with C code
>> indentation and have grown to rely on it to help me find syntax errors
>> in my code.  Why it has unreliable is beyond me when it's worked so well
>> for so long...I hope this wasn't just change for the sake of change.
>
> Definitely not.  I don't recall all the performance problems the caching
> code was added to support, but they were very real, and there were a
> fair number of complaints because of them.  I applaud the work Alan has
> done to attempt to improve cc-mode, although I do worry about the
> complexity of the current system.

Which is unfortuate as *I* have never seen or had a problem with the
previous CC modes...  Again, this is open source and if I really wanted
I could roll back in my own version, if I could find it.  CC mode was
one of those things I've always taken for granted since it "just worked".

--
Burton Samograd