Re: Multi-platform build system (was: Building Emacs on Windows with Min

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Multi-platform build system (was: Building Emacs on Windows with MinGW+MSYS)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:41:27 -0400

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> [snip]
>
> Time ago I volunteered to write a CMake [1] build spec for Emacs. It was
> considered unnecessary by the people who does most of the work on the
> current build systems. I will have some free time (sigh) on the next
> months, so I reiterate the offer in case anyone changed his mind.

The current build system works, it's complex mostly because of what
emacs needs (dumping is a big factor).  We are using the standard GNU
tools, and there's a lot of collective experience dealing with those
tools.
Whatfor emacs 's the advantage of yet another build system that has not yet
What is the advantage for emacs of yet another build system that has not
been widely adopted by GNU projects?