Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:30:01 -0500

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:49:16 +0200 Sven Joachim <address@hidden> wrote:

SJ> I'm also experiencing memory leaks.  My current session is at 82M, with
SJ> the accumulated size of all buffers less than 1M; visiting files and
SJ> then deleting their buffers does not increase memory footprint, but Gnus
SJ> usage (visiting groups and articles) slowly but steadily does.

It's possible GnuTLS usage is part of the problem.  Do you use it?

Another possibility is libxml, used by the Gnus SHR HTML renderer.  Do
you look at articles with HTML content a lot?

It could also be the way that SHR loads images.  Do those articles have
images?

Could you try *not* to use each possibly problematic feature above and
see if the memory usage is affected?

Thanks
Ted