Re: Git mirrors

From: Vijay Lakshminarayanan
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 22:11:06 +0530

>  > > But your analogy fails, because the problem here is not whether
>  > > Óscar can *adapt* to Emacs' use of bzr.  He can, and he can use git
>  > > (for developing Emacs) at the same time as bzr (for pushing his
>  > > contributions) if he wants to.
>  >
>  > Apparently, for Óscar is a problem.
>
> Why do you keep ignoring what he writes?  Yes, he *wishes* Emacs used
> git, but in this thread, he wants to know why GNU uses a policy that
> appears to him to be counterproductive in a number of ways.

I think Óscar's questions have been answered.  I think he has also made
it quite clear that he doesn't fully understand the goals of the GNU
project.  For instance, in one post, he bemoaned the fact that GNU's
wasn't focusing on "users" even though "users" were its greatest focus.
Richard responded with, IMO, a good example comparing Skype helping
users but not helping users freedoms.

Hopefully Óscar understands the GNU project better with this thread.
That will be, IMO, the only good thing to come out of this huge
flamewar.

--
Cheers
~vijay