Re: Git mirrors

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 06:56:46 -0400

    I suspect that a more general statement of what Óscar wanted to ask
    is, "Should not the GNU Project take measures that increase awareness
    of GNU among users,

We try to take measures to increase awareness of GNU among users.  One
of them is that GNU Projects should promote other GNU Projects.
Other methods can be useful too.

                        in particular improving efficiency so we can
    provide more and better software?"

I don't see that it relates very much to increasing awareness of GNU.
However, making programs more efficient is desirable in its own right.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation