Re: Emacs 24.0.90 Pretest Windows Binaries

From: Kevin Yu
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.0.90 Pretest Windows Binaries
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 22:12:29 +0800

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> I cannot reproduce this with DejaVu Sans Mono (I don't have the other
> font you mention).  Can you show a reproducible recipe starting from
> "emacs -Q"?

Sorry i couldn't reproduce it with DejaVu Sans Mono either.

I got Monaco from here http://www.gringod.com/2006/02/24/return-of-monacottf/
If you do not want install the Monaco font, just forget it. :)

Here's reproducing steps:

1. emacs -Q
2. M-x load-theme misterioso
3. set the buffer (*scratch* buffer) font to Monaco (shift-left-mouse-button)
4. type in following text in *scratch* buffer
     (defun D(
    the letter D is displayed in 'bold' face but the last '(' isn't.
5. put your cursor on last '(', you will find out that the last pixel
column of 'D' is overlapped
6. if you move your cursor two chars back, the overlapped pixels come out again.

The monaco font doesn't provide a bold version. Does emacs generated
it for displaying?