Re: quit-window

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: quit-window
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 07:28:44 +0300

> I don't think it's necessary to introduce a separate command for this.
> If we introduce a quit-window-hook, you can add a hook function that
> conditionally kills the buffer based on its major mode.

Or better `quit-window-alist' as a counterpart to `display-buffer-alist'.

Ah, now I recall that I already proposed that, and Stefan said that
the behavior of quit-window can be specified when displaying the buffer
and/or creating the window.

So perhaps `quit-window-hook' is not necessary too, and such specific
window-quitting as e.g. checking for `Info-standalone' could be specified
when creating a window with the *Info* buffer.