Re: emacs-20111024-r106182 Windows Binaries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-20111024-r106182 Windows Binaries
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 04:12:51 -0400

> From: Christoph Scholtes <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:06:30 -0600
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I didn't realize the above crash was with your binaries.  If it was,
> > it's probably a different problem.  Leo, if you have a way of
> > reproducing this, please run under GDB and produce a backtrace, or
> > better yet, show the recipe (and file a bug report).
>
> I looked around in the tdm bug tracker but I couldn't find any issues
> related to optimization or `-fno-omit-frame-pointer' reported for 4.6.1
> so far.

The problem is not specific to tdm, it's a general problem of any GCC
port to Windows that uses the Microsoft runtime.  I posted here the
URL that describes the bug in more detail.  It only happens with
`-fomit-frame-pointer', i.e. with any optimization at or above -O1 (if
I understand correctly the GCC manual and if the manual is accurate).