Re: C-x 2 and C-x 3

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: C-x 2 and C-x 3
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:06:06 -0400

> split-window-like-🀱
> split-window-like-🁣

I like that ;-)

This said, I agree with Michael that it'd be good if the name made it
clear which window is the new one (I don't care much whether it uses
"split" or not, but at least "split" makes it clear that something
existing will be affected, whereas "new" can make it sound like
existing windows will stay unchanged).

So maybe split-window-bottom and split-window-right.

        Stefan